Krystal will advocate for the protection of the environment.
- Opposes projects such as pipelines that carry fracked gas across Orange County. No benefits only dangers.
- Opposes state approval of gas compressor stations and gas power plants, which release emissions that damage the health of residents, animals, and farmland and water resources within a wide range of these plants.
- Opposes annexation plans that create negative impacts on the environment.
- Substantial funding for a vigorous land preservation program.
- Protecting our precious water resources.
- Restrict the use of toxic chemicals on roads for the removal of snow and ice.
- Laws and policies that require energy from sustainable, non-carbon emitting sources.
- Major funding to subsidize solar projects.
- Preservation of the STAR property tax exemption.
- Repeal of MTA payroll tax.
- Ideally, transforming school funding from property tax base to general funds.
- Property taxes based on income.
Krystal opposes unfunded state mandates.
Krystal is appalled by what is legal but unethical.
- Strong ethics reform.
- Mandate of disclosure of outside income.
- Cancel the pensions of convicted state officials.
Small Business & Economic Development
- Incentives/programs for all small businesses.
- Special set-asides for local, women and minority owned businesses.
- Upgrading our infrastructure for commerce (roads, water and sewer systems).
Krystal folds the five priorities of Orange County’s Farmland Protection Plan into her support:
- Agricultural Economic Development with subsidies, incentives and funded programs to increase productivity.
- Education and engagement of the public.
- Training for new and returning farmers.
- Existing farmland protection and the right of farmers to farm.
- Exemption of agricultural activities from MTA taxes.
- Engaging the next generation of Farmers.
- Quality public education for all our children; teachers who are prepared to teach, materials that are current, and a learning place atmosphere that is conducive to teaching and learning.
- Quality professional development workshops for teachers undertaking new programs and retired teachers returning to active service.